High-density 1RU 1/10GbE or 2/4/8G FC modules with four fixed 40GbE uplinks and low latency for line-rate performance, feature-rich layer 2/3 and storage networking for iSCSI, FC/FCoE and RoCE.
The Dell S5000 1RU Rack Top (ToR) switch provides innovative modular converged networking capabilities. Switches aggregate LAN and SAN traffic over a single 10,000 gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) to help optimize server and storage connectivity in enterprise-class data centers that deploy standalone networks based on different network protocols.
Server virtualization and cloud-based deployment models are increasing IT organizations’ productivity while improving their ability to respond to continuously changing business needs. However, the rate at which the technology is evolving is forcing IT departments to invest in solutions tha t are flexible, future-ready and cost-effective.
The Dell S5000 is a high-density 1RU switch tha t offers innovative flexibility due to its unique modular ar chitecture. S5000 is well suited f or data center access and aggr egation layer deployments for physical and virtual servers and LAN and SAN convergence over lossless fabrics.
- 1RU high-density switch with four module slots and four fixed 40GbE (QSFP+) uplinks (totaling 64 10GbE ports with breakout cables)
- Two optional modules supported are Ethernet and Unified Port Module. Ethernet module supports 12 1/10GbE ports and Unified Port Module supports up to 12 FC 2/4/8 and/or 12 1/10GbE ports.
- 1.28Tbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance
- FCoE, iSCSI and RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) is supported on all Ethernet ports
- Lossless fabric for LAN/SAN deployments
- Design with the Dell Z Series core switch to create a flat, two-tier, non-blocking 1/10/40 GbE data center network design
- Design a Clos fabric with S5000 switch in leaf and spine with the S Series 1/10GbE ToR switches for cost-effective aggregation of 10 GbE uplinks
- OS9 offers inherent stability as well as advanced monitoring and serviceability functions
- Open Automation Framework adds VM-awareness as well as automated configuration and provisioning capabilities to simplify the management of virtual network environments
- Scalable L2 and L3 Ethernet switching with QoS and a full complement of standards-based IPv4 and IPv6 features
- VLT and mVLT for layer 2 multipath
- User port stacking support for up to six units
- Support for jumbo frames for high-end server connectivity
- 128 link aggregation groups with up to eight members per group, using advanced hashing
- Fibre Channel, FCoE, FCoE transit (FIP Snooping) and NPIV Proxy Gateway (NPG), Fibre Channel Forwarding (FCF)
- Full data center bridging (DCB) support for lossless iSCSI SANs and converged network.
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans
- I/O panel to PSU airflow or PSU to I/O panel airflow (reversible airflow)
- Software-defined networking/OpenFlow support
- 16, 28, 40, 52, 64 10GbE ports available
|1GbE SFP Transceiver|
|310-7225||Dell Networking 310-7225 Compatible 1000BASE-T SFP Copper Transceiver|
|320-2881||Dell Networking 320-2881 Compatible 1000BASE-SX SFP Transceiver|
|320-2879||Dell Networking 320-2879 Compatible 1000BASE-LX SFP Transceiver|
|430-4586||Dell Networking 430-4586 Compatible 1000BASE-ZX SFP Transceiver|
|10GbE SFP+ Transceiver|
|330-2405||Dell Networking 330-2405 Compatible 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver|
|430-4909||Dell Networking 430-4909 Compatible 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Transceiver|
|330-2404||Dell Networking 330-2404 Compatible 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver|
|40GbE QSFP+ Transceiver|
|430-4593||Dell Networking 430-4593 Compatible 40GBASE-SR4 QSFP+ 850nm 100m MTP/MPO Transceiver|
|331-8335||Dell Networking 331-8335 Compatible 40GBASE-ESR4 QSFP+ 850nm 400m MTP/MPO Transceiver|
|430-4917||Dell Networking 430-4917 Compatible 40GBASE-LR4 QSFP+ 1310nm 10km LC Transceiver|
|40GbE QSFP+ AOC|
|CBL-QSFP-40GE-1M||Dell Networking Compatible 40GbE QSFP+ Active Fiber Optic Cable, 1m|
|CBL-QSFP-40GE-10M||Dell Networking Compatible 40GbE QSFP+ Active Fiber Optic Cable, 10m|
|CBL-QSFP-40GE-50M||Dell Networking Compatible 40GbE QSFP+ Active Fiber Optic Cable, 50m|
|CBL-QSFP-40GE-1M||Dell Networking Compatible 40GbE QSFP+ to 4 x 10GbE SFP+ Active Optical Breakout Cable, 10m|
|40GbE QSFP+ DAC|
|470-AAVR||Dell Networking Compatible 40GbE QSFP+ Direct Attach Cable, 1m|
|331-8160||Dell Networking Compatible 40GbE QSFP+ Direct Attach Cable, 3m|
Combining with the original Dell S5000 1RU Ethernet switch and low price 3rd party compatible 1G/10G/40G transceiver or direct attach cables, they are recommended as the bang L2 and L3 switches in the market, and by a large margin. All transceivers, AOCs and DACs listed in this article are manufactured by industry standards and the MSA (Multi-Source Agreement), which is nothing different from the brand-named transceivers but for the price. You could order them with high quality and 100% compatibility at an affordable price from Optcore, and save your money on overpriced optics.
Note: All trademarks, product, company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners and used for comparative purposes only. All the recommended transceivers and cables including SFP, SFP+, QSFP are from 3rd Party, they are NOT OEM products and are NOT certified or endorsed by OEM.